Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dress Forms

When I was a child I used to love playing with paper dolls. For hours I would sit in the floor and dress, undress and dress again the same paper doll over and over.

Today I have found a new form of paper doll — Tim Holtz's sewing room dress form. I love how a simple piece of chipboard can look so elegant with pieces of scrap material, paper and ribbon. I'm the queen of saving every tiny bit of scrap, and I think you know why now.


When I'm sifting through my scraps I start making these beautiful ladies. I used this pair on altered cigar boxes, but I have used them on cards, mini albums and scrapbook layouts. I think it would be fun to decorate a Christmas tree with them?

Do you play with dolls too?


3 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeee these!! How FUN! I loveeeeee the houndstooth one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya!!! These are FABULOUS!!! You inspired me to play paper dolls too!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! What a great use of little scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails