Thursday, October 27, 2011

October Cigar Box

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and this month's cigar box swap's theme is "Pink It Up".

Last year, during Flamingo Scraps Anniversary month, I won the Pink Paislee Sweetness collection. I love the warm pinks, and clusters of flowers. It reminded me of a garden view outside window. I knew this paper was perfect for the top of the box.



I removed the glass from an ornate frame and add a wedding dress applique. This offered the perfect setting for the hand painted cameo. I created a lovely pink satin dress adorned with a blingy collar for the Tim Holtz sewing room dress form. I then added clusters of Prima roses, and lots of Prima Say It in Lace bling. I think this box screams I'm a woman!


I crackeled the side of the box in small areas and framed the top in layers of lace, ribbon and pearls.



I hope my box reminds my partner to always take care of her monthly checks, and to get her Mammograms regularly.

Thanks for stopping in today,

1 comment:

  1. OMYGOSH! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee that dress form and the cameo! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails