Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Egg Dyes -- Who Knew??

My dear friend Kathleen passed along this tip and it is sooooo FABULOUS, I had to share!!!! 

Have you dyed your Easter eggs yet?  If you haven't, save your leftover dye!!!  If you have, or you aren't going to, check out the half off sales on Monday and stock up on those little dye tablets!!!!

99 cents at Walgreen's
Mixed with lemon juice 


$1.00 at Dollar Tree -- mixed with vinegar and lemon juice
Note to self -- Balsamic vinegar does not work!!!




Fabric Lace and Trim


Add your favorite lace or trim to the cups of dye -- let stand an hour or so, longer for deepest colors.   This is dye, so it is messy!!!  Rinse in cold water and let dry.




Deep, rich, vibrant colors!!!

Can't you just see these with Spring Jubilee, She Art, Emaline, and Palm Beach!!!

Not all colors work the same, nor do all trims.  I had the most trouble with purple.

I am going to be at the door of  Dollar Tree  on Monday -- 2 dye kits for one dollar!!!

Check out tomorrow's blog post from Cindy on using scrapbook supplies to decorate eggs!!!

A Blessed Easter and Passover to you all!

5 comments:

  1. OMGOSH.....how awesome!!!! love love love the colors!!!!Thank you sooo much for sharing this!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much a bright color person, going to try to do this with earth tones and neutrals. Thanks for the tip! You're awesome Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! And I'm totally cracking up about the balsamic vinegar. Makes me want to dye with a variety of vinegars and see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME tip - I'm sooo gonna play around with my egg die now. Look out kids - Aunt Tonya wants to color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome tip and I would have never thought of using the dye for dying lace, etc. So glad I found your store, site and FB...and to know you are just approximately 25 miles away from my home. Wow! Can't wait to drop by your store one of these days when I am over that way. So for being so long winded...lol. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails