Monday, August 6, 2012

Distress Markers - With Flowers

I love playing with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers.
I wanted to share with you today a simple tutorial on how to use these markers to recolor your white mulberry flowers.
Supplies needed: I'm using the Prima Cabbage Roses, Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Marker, a broad tip water brush (you can substitute a paint brush and water), and a heat gun.



Using the brush tip - begin painting stripes on the flower. 

There is no need to completely color the flower.  Leave some of the base color showing like I have in the next photo.  


Using your water brush begin spreading the color around the surface of the flower.

I love how this technique leaves your flower variegated and more naturally colored.

You can let the flowers dry natural or use a heat gun to dry them quickly.  Another added touch - is to singe the edges with the heat gun by placing the gun close to the flowers.  This will make the flowers look aged.



Thanks for stopping in today,


2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about this technique- thanks for posting it! Love the way your flower looks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails