Flamingo Scraps is a small, online, paper crafting boutique with customers from Los Angeles to Latvia! We strive to be your Local Scrapbook Store online, offering the hottest new and coolest classic product with the best in customer service.Seven Design Team Members will be chosen. The term will be for 6 months, November 2012-April 2013 with the option to continue. Members will join our Lead Educator, Design Team Coordinator, and Flamingo 4 Coordinator already on board.
This is a relatively new format for us and there is bound to be some tweaking needed. We promise to be flexible and to work closely with the Design Team to make this a FABULOUS partnership for us all!! Above all, we want our Design Team to have FUN, make friends, share their love of paper crafting, and share their talents and personalities!Design Team Responsibilities:
· Design Team Members must be willing to sign a contract for 6 months. The contract will contain additional details on DT responsibilities and perks. Contracts will be submitted to those applicants chosen and must be agreed to prior to announcing the Team.
· Preferably have a Blog and post on it the same day you post for Flamingo Scraps, display a link to the store and blog, and proudly display your Design Team badge
· Promote and Support Flamingo Scraps as much as possible and participate in planned events.
· Encouraged to offer feedback on products especially around CHA and mid-season releases.
· Have a Facebook account – a closed Facebook group will be set up to facilitate communication, participation here is mandatory
· Comment on Flamingo Scraps’ Facebook page and Blog and visit the blogs of your team mates as you can.
· Participate on Flamingo Scraps’ Pinterest Board – members will have a personal page associated with FS’s Board and are encouraged to pin their own projects, inspiration, and favorites.
· Support Flamingo Scraps’ Ustream classes with Tonya Gibbs
· Participate in approximately 3 Flamingo 4 Challenges over your term – 4 Designers will be given the same 4 products to create a project, Blog post to run the 4th Friday of each month. Must be able to design outside your comfort zone if required, meet deadlines, and work with other DT members contributing to a combined post.
· Contribute posts to Flamingo Scraps’ Blog on a rotating basis -- 2-3 posts per month not including Flamingo 4s; some posts will have assigned topics such as holidays, featured product, techniques, or themes; there will be deadlines for submission. Posts must be well written and grammatically correct. It is very important that you are able to take high quality photographs of your projects.
· At least 1 Blog post per month should be on a new project and may include layouts, cards, tags, mini albums, altered art, or mixed media; alternate Blog posts may include tutorials, Tips & Techniques, product or book reviews, challenges, or sketches and may include assigned topics. Youtube videos and store videos are a possibility, but must be well planned and coordinated with owner.
Design Team Projects and Blog posts MUST feature 70% product either available in the Flamingo Scraps Store or being considered for preorder or kits (per owner). This is a DEAL BREAKER!!
Flamingo Scraps Offers You
· A generous discount on preorders and special orders from our vendors. DT Members will have the opportunity to preorder new releases and make special orders from our vendors as well; DT members are responsible for their own shipping.
· Additional product may be gifted at the discretion of the owner.
· Flamingo 4 Kits (3-4 per term).
· Exposure and promotion for you as a paper crafter.
· Freedom to design in your own style and to try new things.
· Grow along with Flamingo Scraps!
To apply, please submit the following information to Suzanne at email@example.com –
· Name, address, email address, blog address, phone #
· A link to any online galleries to which you regularly post
· Design Team experience, if any (not required), publications, etc.
· Who are you and how is that reflected in your crafting
· What would you contribute to the Flamingo Scraps team
· Any additional information showing you are the perfect fit for Flamingo Scraps
· Submit photos and description (if desired) of two of your most recent projects showing your style to best advantage.
We request that you create at least one new, unpublished, unseen project using lines we stock, and submit a sample Blog post. You are not required to make a purchase, you are not required to use a certain amount of Flamingo Scraps product; however, it is important to demonstrate that you can work with the brands we consistently carry. You can check the store – please check the product categories for vendors and types of product. If you would like to contribute alternative posts, please send a link to a tutorial, review, etc. you have done.
International applications are welcome!! Flamingo Scraps has a large international customer base! However, members must be aware of shipping restrictions for their country and based on weight, be prepared to pay their own postage, Flamingo Scraps cannot be responsible for delays due to customs, etc., and be mindful we cannot track packages unless they are insured or priority.
The deadline to apply is Saturday, October 20, 2012, 6:00pm EST. Flamingo Scraps operates on EASTERN time. Please make sure you know what your time is relative to Eastern time. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered; consider your application a chance to show us you can meet deadlines and follow guidelines.
Please contact Suzanne (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have ANY questions. There are no silly questions!!! You may find it helpful to visit the store, the blog, and our Facebook Page.
The applicants chosen will be notified on Friday, October 28, 2012, by 6:00pm EST. Contracts will be submitted and members should be prepared to submit a head shot and any additional information needed for the announcement. Should anyone be unable to accept a position, alternates will be contacted. The Design Team will be announced on October 30, 2012. Your first blog posts will be the samples you submit!
We cannot WAIT to see the applications, though we are not looking forward to making hard choices!