Friday, March 30, 2012

Boy Happy Birthday Card

My sweet Nephew Trey resently celebrated his 11th birthday and of course the gift of choice at that age is money. So I really wanted to create a special card for him. You don't see many masculine cards, so I thouoght I would share it with you today.

From Flamingo Scraps: Prima: Youth Collection, Tim Holtz: Lost & Found Salvage Tickets, Regal Crest Die, Ticket Die, Baroque Die, Walnut Stain, Music embossing folder. Other: Twine, Greeting Farm - Autumn Ian, Unity Stamp: Ticket, Ribbon, and Copic Markers.



The base of my card was black cardstock, and I embosed a music pattern onto kraft paper. I have a 6x6 paper pad for the Prima Youth Collection paper that made a perfect background for this card.

Then I colored Mr. Ian to look like my nephew, and layered several of Tim Holtz's die cuts around the image to give it some interest. The Bingo Card is actually a sticker from the Tim's Salvage stickers that I placed onto a piece of cardstock and distressed the edges.

When Trey openned the card and the money fell out - he yelled "BINGO".

Thanks for stopping in today,


3 comments:

  1. awww.... I loveee this card!!! beautifully done!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. really adorable!!!! LOVE the layering!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! It is perfect for an 11 year old nephew... I have one of those myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails