Monday, May 28, 2012

A Happy Mistake

I got a new wedding-themed stamp set from Layers of Color, so I decided to break it in with a variety of different techniques.  I stamped the image on the left with Versamark ink and then used black embossing powder.  For the image on the right, I used black ink and clear embossing powder.    


It was fun to see the difference.  They both look fine, but I thought the one on the right was more crisp and beautiful.  I matted it, then set it aside to do some background stamping.  When I was happy with the background, I picked up the embossed image and layered it on top.


What the heck is that smudge doing there?!  Rookie stamping mistake- not checking for inky fingers.  Aargh!


 I was pretty annoyed at myself... until I realized the mistake was an opportunity.  I dug through my Flamingo Scraps goodies and found a bit of Prima sparkly black ribbon left over from the Flamingo Four challenge last June!  It was perfect!  I added a piece of Fancy Pants filter paper as the final touch.  Beautiful!   

From Flamingo Scraps: Prima glitter black ribbon, Fancy Pants filter paper
Other: Bazzill cardstock, Layers of Color stamps, Clearsnap black ink, Stampendous embossing powder

Definitely a happy mistake!

3 comments:

  1. There are no mistakes, only embellishment opportunities!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mistakes...just opportunities is right. My mistakes have made me think more creatively. Great job 'covering' yours. I won't tell anybody. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job covering that up. I agree Embellishment Opportunities. And rookie or not, I am Totally stamping challenged. I love how your card turned out. Great use of black and white. LOVE every detail (even the mistake!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails