Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Love Story by Yours Truly

Abigail here with a new project. My husband and I have our dating/engagement album, and our wedding albums. We've been married for 20 months now, and we still have tons of romantical photos. Where should they live? So, I made a special album just for our, as yet unfinished, love story. I used one decorative office folder and about 5 Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Memory File Folders. I also threw in a few 12 x 12 papers and some Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Memory File Mini Folders. I placed them one inside another and stitched them together at the spine. I don't recommend stitching that many at one time though. I broke one needle and threw the machine out of time!!! It is probably safer to stitch 3 at the most.

The outside folder is the decorative office file folder. I dressed it up by fussy cutting the flowers out of the Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic Beautiful paper. I cut up the rest of the paper into ribbon cut banner shapes and made a banner across the top. I also used the Webster's Pages Bloomers in Pink across the bottom. Everything is so girly, soft and pretty!

These stickers are from the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection.

This is such a pretty banner across the top of the folder!!!

I made a closure  out of Pink Paislee Mistables Resist paper and cut it on the design lines. I topped it with the Pink Paislee Mistables Resist Journal Tags and finally one of the flowers that I fussy cut.

This closure is really cool!

This is the inside first page. I used the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Paper to cover the inside of the folder on the left side. I made a photo stack with Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic and Teresa Collins Now and Then papers and one Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Memory File Folder Mini. You just take the papers and cut them down to about 4-6 inches wide with varying lengths and then fold them with the Mini Folder halves and stitch them together at the fold. Just glue the back side of the papers to the folder and add photos! The right side has more cut outs from the Mistables paper, which makes the perfect banner! It is blank right now, but I plan to make tons more memories to fill it up with!!!!

This says it all about the theme of my book!

This fun journaling tag is a library card. The Author line has my name, the title line says "Reasons I Still Love You." I added a short synopsis of the album on the lines for check out. The little blue tab is made from a cut out of the same Mistables papers I used on the closure. The fleur de lis is from the confetti left over from the border punch I used on some of the papers. I also used some Teresa Collins washi tape and blings.

Lifting up the layers reveals more journaling and photos. All of the embellishments you see here are from Teresa Collins Now and Then collection.

Journaling lends to the story of the picture below it. This is a chip board journaling tag from the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection. The paper behind the chipboard is Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic Beautiful paper.

These are some fun pics of my cutie that really show his personality.

This Heidi Swapp Memory File-File Labels V2 has journaling that describes all of my boo's faces!

I love adding in handwritten journaling mixed with stickers, rub-ons etc.

Look how many layers there are here! I have tons of room to add pics and this is only the first page!!!

And look how many pages there are! Don't worry, I plan for this love story to go on and on....
If you want to make your own album with Heidi Swapp Memory File Folders be sure to visit the Flamingo Scraps website to order today!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I guess THE miss Heidi Swapp herself liked my project. She put it on her Facebook page...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail that is FANTASTIC!!!! This is just lovely and such a sweet way to write your story of You Two!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are truly blessed. I so love this album and how you share what your husband means to you. This is so very special and Heidi Swapp Loved it to....how could she not!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love what you wrote Ramona, How could she not...Thank you Ramona, and Flamingo Scraps for you love and support!!!And, thank you to my sweet husband who supports my hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Alicia, you are all sooooo kind. I will take this as a compliment, yet, I still want to improve my art and photography. I hope to take this all to the next level! I hope I can!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails