Tuesday, January 29, 2013

CD Case Mini Album

Abigail here to share a really different kind of mini album. I had some really cute pics of my nephew of the day he got his new train set and wanted to make a mini album. I also had a mini plastic case that came with some scrapbook journaling tags in it. It sort of resembles a CD Cover, but it's much smaller. I had it sitting out on craft table and it hit me that I could make an album with it!
CRW_4273
I used some Heidi Swapp No Limits Paper to insert into the front section of the case. I also made a bow out of Teresa Collins Now and Then paper.
CRW_4274
Here's a side view of when you open it slightly.
CRW_4276
When you open it up more the accordion fold starts to pop out. I made this part by cutting the rest of the Heidi Swapp No Limits paper into long strips (about 3 inches wide to match the size of the case) and adhering them together and then folding them to fit neatly inside the case.
CRW_4281
This is my nephew and his dad playing with the new train set. I love the stickers from the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection. The sentiments are great for family time photos.
CRW_4283
He loved his train set and the wrapping paper, lol!
CRW_4284
This journaling sticker from the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection leaves plenty of room to write up a cute story!
CRW_4287
The colors and the pattern on the Heidi Swapp No Limits paper is perfect for little boys. These cute die cut pennants and tabs from the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection also coordinate well with the paper.
CRW_4298
I love how mini books are so intriguing. It's like all the layers and pages are begging you to look thru them!
CRW_4289
Sometimes journaling can be done right on the paper!
CRW_4299
I love how versatile the Teresa Collins Now and Then collection is. These embellishments are neutral enough to go with any color scheme, yet they are timelessly elegant in true Teresa style!

If you would like to recreate this look please visit Flamingo Scraps Facebook page and blog for ordering information.

 Please Pardon Our Dust!!! Flamingo Scraps is Growing Again! Stay Tuned For Our Updated Site and NEW Products!!!!

Abigail--www.scrapbookista.com

3 comments:

  1. Abigail this is really cute!! I love all the little details and the mini is so cute!! What a great idea!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail this is such an adorable project. I love the upcycle use of the cd case. So fun, and what a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this -- great use of packaging!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails