1. Graphic 45 patterned paper - "Well Groomed"
2. Tim Holtz Giant Tag
3. Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue buttons
4. pearl trim
This month's Flamingo 4 was a bit of a challenge for me! I don't normally do the vintage thing, but I was intrigued by what I could do to make it mesh with my style, and I really love what I came up with! First, I started with just the tag. I looked up pictures of tags to gather some inspiration and found some through several sources, which brought me to create many layers, and ultimately a work of art (if I do say so, myself) that could stand well on its own.
First, I used a mask and a couple different mists to create the background. I really liked a couple of the images on the paper, but I also really liked the striped side (I normally love the B side of most Graphic 45 papers). I fussy cut the bride and groom silhouette images and punched some of the striped side, and then I ripped and teared and layered along the top of the tag for visual interest. I decided to paint some gesso along the outside edge of the tag and layer on top of it with Shimmerz paint, and then added the buttons (some of which I already had in my stash and supplemented what was sent to make the final product). Then I decided that the pearls were best used like they were laid on the tag and left there, so I used some clear liquid adhesive to get them to set just so. Finally, I added a bit of washi tape, a heart I cut on my Cameo, and stitching to add even more texture.
Once that was completed, I loved it so much I immediately wanted to use it! I went through my wedding photos to find one I hadn't scrapbooked yet and printed it out on textured white cardstock, distressed the edges, and then added bits of paper, washi tape, the punched striped side of the Graphic 45 paper, the extra hearts I had cut out with my Cameo, some paint, some masking, and various other details to tie in with the tag. I really love what I came up with and am going to frame this in a shadow box to show off with my other framed wedding photos!
When I saw the "Well Groomed Man" paper, it reminded me of our wedding, and how handsome all of the groomsmen were! So I decided to make a mini-book using various elements cut from the paper, plus navy and lime green cardstock and ribbons that were actually used on items that I made for our wedding. The lace trim on the picture pages can also be found in the Flamingo Scraps store.
Here are the front and back covers to my album, using images cut from the G45 paper and accented with the button and the black pearl trim.
Here is a picture of my husband with the title "The Well Groomed Man" fussy cut from the G45 paper.
The inner pages show my husband with his groommen.
This inner divider page uses the reverse side of the G45 paper, the top hat fussy cut from the paper and strips of cardstock in our wedding colors.
A group shot of the guys.
Here's another divider page taken from the G45 paper.
A picture of our hands during the ceremony - I thought this went well with the sentiment from the divider page. It is attached to the Tim Holtz tag, which was trimmed to fit this album. I have put two hearts cut from the same cardstock that was on the top hat page to cover the reinforced hole because it did not go with the color scheme for this album.
I chose Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante. With this project I backed the paper cut outs with chipboard to give this the pop-up that it needed to stand out. I used Multi Mat Medium to the fronts of all the pieces and distress inked with Vintage Photo after (so it would not bleed with the multi mat medium). Then I arranged it many times to get the look that I desired. I used the bead at the edge creating a charm look. The background I used the Proper Gentleman paper and then layered the tag on top hanging over the edge. Then I took and fussy cut the hat from the printed side of the paper, crackle painted it and added it to my Heart and wings from the Tim Holtz die. I colored the gem buttons with copic markers to make them match the motif of my project. Then the black button I used acrylic paint to brighten it up against the black background. The other button I just glued a thread label from the SteamPunk Debutante collection. I am pleased with the way it has turned out. I used several different items on this anywhere from Distress stains, Tim Holtz dies, Prima metal flowers, gears from my cousin in Idaho, Tim Holtz different metals. This project was so much fun...looking forward to creating another one of these with some of the new lines coming out from CHA.
I had a lot of fun with this month's items. I trimmed the paper and tag, did some folding, added a button, and accented with Stickles. Then I headed out into the garage, where I put on the shop glasses, grabbed a hammer, and started pounding on the trim.
I removed about 1/4 of the beads on each end of the trim, headed back to the craftroom, and glued everything together. When I was done, I had this:
So there you have it, another fabulous Flamingo Four! We'd love to see your take. If you make something using the same four supplies our designers had, please let us know and we'll feature it here on the blog. To find the materials we used (and so much more!) check out flamingoscraps.com!