Monday, January 20, 2014

Birthday Wishes for Aunt Darlene

Hey all!  Hope you are getting some sunshine where you are.  We finally have had a least 4 days of sunshine. It sure makes everyone a little bit happier.  It was so nice that I got to work out in my yard.  I am blessed to live where we have spring starting the end of February.  I love all the spring flowers.  The colors and smells makes my heart sing.

On my last post I made a birthday gift for my aunt.  I am doing a follow up on the January 7th post.  I have finished up the mini photo book and made a birthday card.

I had ordered Marion Smith's Garment District and hadn't gotten a chance to use it.  As you may remember I used the Mad Tea Party and Nirvana papers for the gift box along with the the mini. I used the Garment District 6 x 6 papers to make the birthday card.  I love it when you can mix and match.  Awesome!





I cut a sheet of solid color 12 x 12  card stock in half, making it 6 x 12.  I then scored it at 6" to fold in half. I distressed the edges of the paper with my Prima distress tool and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.
I layered the paper along with a paper doily. Did you notice the pretty lace and trim from my stash. I used a digi image from Saturated Canary - Maxine (colored with Copic Markers).  Maxine reminded me of my aunt in her garden. The flowers are a mix of stash flowers and Prima flowers sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  The little butterfly on the flowers is made from the Mod Podge line and colored with Tim Holtz pens.







On the inside of the card is another 6 x 6 sheet of Marion Smith's Garment District and another digi from Saturated Canary - Tea & a Book (colored with Copic Markers).  How many of you Skype?  My aunt and I spritzen (what my husband calls it) quite often over tea or coffee.  I don't feel so home sick when I get to talk and see her.



Here are a few shots of the completed mini that I promised.  Used my stash all the bling and flowers.   The little blue bird is Mod Podge colored with Tim Holtz pens.



Hope you enjoyed Aunt Darlene's birthday gift and card.  I hope she will love it.  But, most of all I hope I have given you some inspiration.  

Wishing you sunshine, warmth and flowers.

Until next time.

Luann



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails