Monday, February 7, 2011

Guest DT Tonya Gibbs: Cosmo Cricket 1934

When I got this collection from Flamingo Scraps I knew exactly what I wanted to do. It had kitchen wall paper written all over it. In my family, all kinds of things happen in the kitchen. I remember pulling a stool up to the counter to help Momma prepare dinner. I also remember the dinner with the entire family that happened every night (no fast food in my past). Some of my fondest family memories surround a dinner table or the kitchen. Even now, I notice that we all seem to congregate at the table or in the kitchen.

This little mini is going to capture some of the recipes that I remember being at the top of list. Like my Granny’s Japanese Fruit Cake, or Tomato Gravy. Momma’s fried chicken and pot roast. But most of all I want to write down some of the things I remember the most about family life in the kitchen/dining room. Funny stories, or how ‘bout that I hate cubed meat, because we always had cubed steak on report card night – lots of tears shed over that chewy meat. Or the night my Mom asked my sister (age 5) to help clear the table, and she picked up a plate and dropped it in the kitchen floor (she cleared the table). I don’t want these stories to die with me. I want them to linger on for generations. As I watch my kids grow, I realize that things are not as they were when I was little, and I know my Mother and Grandmother would report the same. Things like – there were no microwave ovens until I was in high school. Every night we currently pick a restaurant for dinner, where when I was young, dinner was always at home. It was a treat to eat out - not a given. I also want to include photos of some of those women in my life who made that kitchen time so special.

I love that this book is 6 x 6 the photos will be large and there are tons of pockets and journal spots for leaving funny stories.

From Flamingo Scraps: Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 collection patterned papers; Tim Holtz Walnut, Black Soot, Tea Die & Vintage Photo Distress Inks; Webster’s Pages Bloomers and Trims; Prima Bling.
Other products: Book pages; EK Success Punches; Fiskar Punches; Cricut Cartridges: Summer in Paris, Base Camp, From My Kitchen, Various Buttons, and Ribbon; Cuttlebug embossing jacket Paisley; Sizzix Embossing Jacket Swiss Dots; Tim Holtz Labels Die Cut.

To view the full mini album up close, please watch my video of the album!





More of Tonya's work can be seen here on her website or here on her youtube channel!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this Tonya -- the Circa 1934 is one of my faves and you have done it proud!!! Thanks for Sharing with the Flock!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!! This is JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails