Monday, May 16, 2011

Shake It Up

Have you ever looked at the packaging from some of your Prima Trinkets or Tim Holtz Idea-ology lines and thought "that has to be good for something. I'm gonna save it!" Some of them have really interesting shapes.

I had to make a birthday card for a friend, and I pulled out my stash of blister packages and made the cutest shaker box on the cover of my card.

From Flamingo Scraps: Prima Reflections Collection Caravan Paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye.
Other Products: Ribbon, Flower, Party Confetti, Micro Beads, and Chunky Glitter

Inside the shaker, I added confetti from the party store, a few microbeads, and chunky glitter, backed the shaker box with recycled packaging to keep the parts from falling out, and then I glued paper around the outside. To finish the card, I accented the box with ribbon and a flower.

For a complete step by step watch this video.


Recycled packaging never looked so good.



3 comments:

  1. Sooooooo AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeee how this turned out! i loveeeee the shaker box effect! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!! what a fun idea!!! Love the flower you used!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails