Friday, May 24, 2013

More sketchy goodness from Flamingo Scraps!

Good morning Flamingo Flock!

With the end of May approaching, I'm finding myself spending less time in my scrapbook space and more time outside, which I love and hate at the same time. I like to make my pages quick and easy once summer hits, and we all know that sketches are one of my favorite ways to speed up the scrapping process. I made one up, especially for Flamingo Scraps, this month, utilizing a combination of 4x6 and square photos (something like an Instagram photo, if you'd like)! 


So, for my take, I used the actual image I took, in black and white, plus the photo I uploaded to Instagram, as well. I'm really loving how this turned out, what with the Teresa Collins Now & Then Collection to give my page its color combo, the background paper masked and misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tropicana Teal and Sweet Cherry, then masked again with molding paste.  I used some Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Broken China for the larger splatters. My embellishments were a Websters Pages tree charm, a Studio Calico Wood Veneer Banner, a few pieces of Studio Calico Wood Veneers that I got in Sampler Pack 1, and some Maya Road Cording (available in cloud in the store, it can be colored whatever color you'd like to match). I painted the veneers with Tim Holtz Distress Paint (available via special order) in Broken China and Fired Brick, and used some little paper clips to hold my little paper embellishments from the Now & Then Collection in place. 


I just love the bright grunginess of the background. Here's a closer look: 



And I kept the title small, as compared to my sketch, just because I liked the idea of putting it on the banner:


I shared the sketch with the rest of the design team, in case they wanted to join me, and Kathleen came up with this:


Not only that, but Tonya is going to use this sketch on her uStream on June 3rd, so make sure you tune in if you want to see sketch creation in action! 


2 comments:

  1. I love this sketch and plan on using it. I love both of your takes on this!! You girls rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job, both of you! I really like the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails