Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Three people in our family have almost the exact same birthday.  My daughter Cathrine Aug 20th, my mother Aug 22nd, and my mother-in-law Aug 19th.  I created this card for my mother-in-law (stay tuned for the other birthday cards or items).


I used some fun colors and papers from Heidi Swapp and Pink Paislee and inked them with Prima chalk edgers.  I used a wonderful burlap rose from Maya Road and some fun Swirls from Prima to finish on this card.  I wanted the feel of the card to be bright, cheery, and fun so I played on all the different designs of the paper (hearts, stripes, dots, grid, etc), but used three different colors (grey, yellow and pink).  Don't be afraid of adding some dimension to your cards, not everything has to be flat!!

Head on over to Flamingo Scraps to find all these wonderful supplies!!

Supplies Used
Cardstock
Leaves
Twine
Pen


4 comments:

  1. Nice work Erin! Will be looking for more birthday ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Erin! Will be looking for more birthday ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable !! I'm not a card maker say, but this has inspired me to give it a try !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable Erin -- you are indeed the guru of clustered odd things!!! heehee!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails