Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mirror Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - especially in the North!  They may just get a Bing Crosby Christmas.  Hey all it's Luann and yes I just aged myself.  I can hear the younger people say Bing who?  Please go and google Bing Crosby if you don't know who he is and what he is noted for.  Along those same lines....I love all the Christmas shows that are on this time of year.  One of my all time favorites is "Meet Me In St. Louis" with Judy Garland.  Esther's Christmas Ball dress is the inspiration for my project today.

I found a cute hand mirror at the Dollar Store and I just knew what I had to do.  I used Rub-n-Buff in Patina to tone the silver down.




Prima's Julie Nutting's Mix Media Doll Stamp was just the ticket. When I think of Christmas I think of glitter.  Yep, just the right paper was Cosmo Cricket Glitter Sheets in gold and red to make the dress (look how tiny her waist is).  I colored Esther's face, arms, and hair with Copic markers.  I used my Prima chalk edgers around all the edges. I scanned and made two copies of  Esther (the paper doll).  One was a copy and the other was a reverse copy. I layered the paper dolls and used pop dots to give her dimension.




The flowers were from my stash and touch of  Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold added a little twinkle.  The little door is a Prima Shabby Chic Treasures sprayed with gold shine.  The crown was made from Mod Podge Crafts and colored with Tim Holtz Distress Paint. You can't go vintage with out a Cameo Stick Pin from Webster's Pages. The little buttons came in my Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Sale Embellishment Box and added a little extra. The rose button is from Glitz. Roses at Christmas are magical.  The little bird and other stick pin are from my stash.


Now for a look at the mirror side. (I was impressed I didn't get a reflection of the ceiling.)



If you have trouble locating the items I used on Esther's Christmas Ball Mirror just give Suzanne a shout via e-mail.  I can honestly say that Suzanne knows the meaning of customer service. You should stop by Flamingo Scraps...there's a fantastic sale going on.

Before I leave I wanted to show a picture of Judy Garland as Esther in her Christmas Ball gown.  I hope you get a chance see "Meet Me St. Louis".


Picture from media-tumblr-google
 



 Until next time...Enjoy everything about the Holidays! The shopping, the eating, and the best of all being with friends, family, and loved ones.

Luann






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is just beautiful. Great job my friend! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails