Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guest DT Janie Boots: Let Your Spirit Soar Canvas

Happy tuesday everyone. Today I wanted to share with you something I created in memory of my precious son Alexander. His birthday was April 7 and he would have been 19 years old. I decided to alter a canvas and Alex was my inspiration.



I stamped an image onto the canvas in black ink then I took scotch tape and put it over the image. I then took my electric blue glimmer mist and spritzed the canvas. I let it dry. Then I sprited my cranberry zing glimmer mist over top of the blue but not as much. While it was still wet I took a small paint brush and blended both colours together. I let it dry. Then I took my Tumbled Glass Tim Holtz Distress Ink and ran it over the entire canvas.

Once the canvas was dry, I removed the scotch tape from my image and I started painting it with acrylic paints, I let the canvas dry once again. Then I dipped my paint brush into the electric blue glimmer mist and painted around the stamped image to give it a sky feeling. When it was dry I doodled on the canvas in pencil firt and then traced over it in gold stickles, I also added gold smooch ink to the unicorn image. When everything was dry then I added butterflies and other chipboard embellies, I also added some of the Kiasercraft Pearls that were part of my Flamingo Four package from Flamingo Scraps. I finished the project up by using Jenni Bowlin Alpha stickers and thickers for my title. The Canvas is called " Let Your Spirit Soar" in honor of Alex.

Thank you for allowing me to share some of my world with you this month and I hope I have been able to inspire you all.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to remember your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful project! I am still so very sorry for your loss Janie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. May his sweet memory always fill your heart with joy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails