Friday, November 1, 2013

My Favorite Saint

Happy All Saints Day!

Hi all! It's Luann, with a scrapbook layout of my favorite saint....My Mama.

When I saw the Mad Tea Party by Marion Smith Designs, I knew I had to use it with the picture of Mama when she was 14 years old. I've seen the layering technique being used for layouts and thought that I'd give it a try.

 I used the Roses R Red for the background then cut Spot Of Tea down about an inch or so for the second layer. I distressed the edges and added Prima Chalk Edger in Shabby Tote. White card stock was cut down and punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch to make it look like a doilie.  

I added a strip of Teresa Collins Now and Then Damask paper because Mama liked blue and it added  a little something. Again I distressed the edges and Prima Chalked it.  I used a Heidi Swapp Color Magic Paper Frame and sprayed with Heidi Swapp. I used a Webster' Pages charm that I had in my stash for the era of the picture. I also added some vintage ribbon and flat back pearls. The other elements I had in my mess...I mean desk, and thought the would look good. It also helped a little in using some of the stuff in my desk.


I tore an old sheet music paper, and chalked the edges. The other ephemera is a digital from Marion Smith. I colored some roses with spray from my stash, and printed the photo of Mom onto
4 x 6, glossy photo paper.


I love the look of the layering, Don't you? You can add as many layers and you like. Now my only decision is do I put this into a frame, onto a canvas, or into my scrapbook. So many options !



Until next time, when I'll show you what's in my match box !

Luann


2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to your Mom Luann. The papers layer nicely together! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Luann -- such a lovely and touching way to remember your Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails