Monday, November 25, 2013

Tripping down Memory Lane with Pink Paislee

Hiya, Flock, Genie here!
Today, I've got a layout to share with you.
I guess I was feeling a little nostalgiac.  My husband and I celebrated our thirteenth wedding anniversary this past October, and it's really hard to believe that we've been married that long (especially since I'm still only 25!)  When I received Pink Paislee's Secret Crush line in my Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Sale Combination Box, I thought that maybe...just maybe...I'd finally get some wedding photos scrapped.  Ok, here's my secret confession--I am TERRIFIED of scrapping my wedding photos.  I do have the negatives, but they are medium format and it's becoming difficult to find a lab who can scan and/or print from medium format negatives.  *sigh*  Anywho, I decided to take the plunge and and I have to say that I'm really quite happy with how it came out.
I started out by fussy cutting the heart banner from another sheet of the Love Notes paper.  I used pop dots to fix it to the paper on top of where the banner originally appeared.  Then, I started inking and layering the Paper Good, Photo Frames, and Photo Tabs from the Secret Crush collection.  I also used a small strip of the Polka Dance paper.
I finished by adding some Star Dust Stickles to the banner, a few letters and a wee little phrase from my stash, flowers from Prima, and Trinket Pins from Maya Road (all of which might be found in your very own Warehouse Sale Box!  They are available in paper, embellishments, or a combination and are chock full of amazing scrappy value!)
I wish all of our American friends a happy and safe Thanksgiving.  Thank you for looking, and I'll see you next time!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty Genie! And I actually did the math in my head for your age! Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty Genie! And I actually did the math in my head for your age! Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Genie -- I feel ya on those photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails