Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Little Love

Hi, Flock, Genie here, today!
I recently received part of a Hey Kid kre8v Kit by Pink Paislee.  It is so much fun!  There are so many cute pieces, and the patterns are so bright and trendy.  It's perfect for my little girls!
I chose a photo of my littlest imp; it's one of my favorites because it just captured her 2-year-old self perfectly.  She's sweet and sassy, and the mischevious little grin says it all.  A complete list of supplies can be found at the end of the post.


I wanted a neutral base because the colors and patterns were so bright, but white, black, and kraft didn't seem right.  I finally found this bluish-grey, and I think it's perfect.  I fussy-cut along a line of circles in one of the sheets of patterned paper and layered cardstock stickers, another fussy-cut border, and some transparent arrow stickers over that.  I didn't like the unrelieved grey, so I splattered a big of gesso on the left of the page.  I love how gesso dries; it's solid white, like paint, but it maintains some dimension.
On the top left, I used more cardstock stickers, one of the cute chipboard pieces, and a cardstock speech bubble.  I wanted a bit more dimension, so I added some stars and arrows from the Wood Charms by Cosmo Cricket and the Cork Shapes (Hearts & Stars, Arrows) by Fancy Pants.
Thanks for looking, and I can't wait to see you next time!

Products used:
Fancy Pants Cork Shapes, Hearts & Stars
Fancy Pants Cork Shapes, Arrows
Cosmo Cricket Wood Charms
Pink Paislee Hey Kid kre8v Kit
cardstock, gesso, and adhesive from my stash

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie she is Genie! Perfect fun layout for her! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this -- the layering, the gesso, and of course the cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails