Thursday, November 7, 2013

Playing with Patterns

For today's project I have chosen to create a Heidi Swapp 12 x 12 layout with her Serendipity collection. The photos are of Leila's first birthday, my youngest granddaughter.




There are so many fun patterns in this Collection, I challenged myself to use as many as I could combine. Embellishments are also available in super fun "polaroid" type frames, and other fun photo stacks, with coordinating patterns and epoxy words, "sweet" and "so sweet" are two shown in the photo below, you may find them in your Warehouse Sale - Combination Box!!! I added a binder clip with a small snippet of ribbon from my stash. The cork shaped, adhesive back arrow is from a Fancy Pants assortment pack of sizes and shapes. It has been painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Broken China (available through a special order you can place right here with Suzanne from Flamingo Scraps) and faux stitched with a permanent black marker, and an epoxy sticker glued to the top. Leila's name is die cut letters, painted with the Distress Paint, Picked Raspberry



Below, I used a frame sideways, after cropping out the balloons in her photo, I added heart shaped "balloons" with an assortment of hearts from the Fancy Pants hearts and stars. The cork shapes were first painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paints (Broken China, Mustard Seed, and Picked Raspberry. Remember, to ask Suzanne from Flamingo Scraps to special order just for you!) The paints covered the cork shapes in just one quick coat, faux stitched with a permanent fine line marker, adding an epoxy butterfly sticker to the largest one. 



To keep the frame and the cork stickers the same height, first I carved a little section out of the adhesive foam behind the heart (see photo below) and inserted the end of the painted twine into each heart. On the back of the frame I glued strips of the twine to raise the frame and I tucked the opposite end of the twine underneath to resemble balloon strings. This kept all the elements for this photo at the same height and reduced the bulk on the page.




Her invitation was a perfect match with the papers. I decided to include that also. It was a single card that did not open. I added a piece of the pink paper from the Serendipity paper pack, and fussy cut around it, when closed it does not show. I will journal my thoughts for Leila inside this card.




Thanks for looking and sharing your day with the Flock! 

Scrappy Smiles!



8 )
Donna Sullivan 

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails