Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scraptathlon Week # 4

Amanda is taking her "Bye" week this week as she is on vacation.  Stay tuned for her vacation blog and layouts from the hundreds (yes hundreds!) of photos she has taken!

This week's song title was Mist by Phish.  Our challenge was an easy one - use mist on your layout!

I was excited to use some of the new Glimmer Mist we just got in at Flamingo Scraps.  My favorite color in that shipment is Starfish and I knew just the old photo to use that coordinated beautifully with Starfish.
 Starfish Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels

When my daughter was younger, she took dance lessons.  With dance lessons come the obligatory end-of-year dance recitals and with the dance recitals come dance costumes.  Some of those dance costumes were interesting choices for young tap dancers!  They always had a professional photographer set up backstage at the recitals and for her first one, I had her picture taken.  The backdrop the photographer used was a paint-splattered drop cloth.  I thought it would be perfect with this mist layout.  I remembered a Sketchy Thursdays sketch that used random misting behind the photo and paper elements.  I was good to go!
Flamingo Scraps supplies used:  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Starfish, Fancy Pants Designs Wishful Thinking Collection Pretty Plaid paper, Maya Road Maya Mists, Prima Marketing Bengali Blooms Butterfly, Alabaster Mulberry flower, Say It In Pearls and Roses Swirl, Petite Dogwood Vine.  Other supplies used: Bazzill Cardstock, Sandylion Strike a Pose sticker and laser cut tap shoes

First, I misted the cardstock and set it aside to dry.  Next, I got to work on the Alabaster Mulberry flower.  Here's what they look like in the package:
I spritzed the flower with water concentrating on the petal edges.  Next, I got a paint brush and painted Carnation Pink Maya Mist in the center of the flower and on the petal edges.  The already wet mulberry paper grabbed the Maya Mist and wicked it towards the center of the petal.  When I finished with edges, I lightly sprayed the Starfish Glimmer Mist all over the flower.  The result was the petal edges were darker than the rest of the flower which was variegated pink and white.  Once the flower was dry, I misted it with Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist for a shimmery effect.

Suzanne says Jessica looks like Big Bird in the photo - I think she looks ready to do the Can-Can at the Moulin Rouge!  Regardless, I have another old photo scrapped and a family memory preserved in my scrapbook and that makes me happy.

Happy Scraps to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails