Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cindy's Glossy Accents Project

Last week, Tonya posted a tip about how to keep Glossy Accents unclogged.  In the comments, I said that I needed a post telling me how to use Glossy Accents, since I never use mine!  She responded on Friday with a new post which showed 5 projects using Glossy Accents and Crackle Accents.  At the end, she challenged me to use Glossy Accents on my next project.

Well, there's something about being called out by name in front of hundreds that motivates a person to accept a challenge!  I was most inspired by Tonya's use of Glossy Accents to make a 'dewdrop' on a flower.  I was thinking about that as I was walking to pick Trevor up from kindergarten, my feet crunching the zillions of acorns on the sidewalk.  I picked up a large handful of acorns and decided to experiment with Glossy Accents on them.

Of course, the second Trevor saw me he noticed that I had a huge handful of acorns.  He was instantly curious about what project I had planned for us to do together.  I told him we'd be making napkin rings.  He said, "Great!  What are napkin rings?"

Here are mine:


And here are Trevor's:


They were fun and easy to make.  I started by cutting an empty toilet paper roll into 6 rings, which we then painted with fall colors.  While they were drying, we stamped oak leaves using Staz-On, added Glimmer Mist, then did a color wash of paint over that.  (Actually, that's what I did- Trevor did the first one that way and used crayon on his next two.)  After  I did the fussy cutting, I coated my leaves and acorns with Glossy Accents.  We left Trevor's plain for contrast.

When everything was dry, we tied string/ribbon around the rings and used Glossy Accents to attach the leaves.  I used the glue gun to attach the acorn, as I wasn't sure if Glossy Accents was intended to hold that much weight.

Here's a closer look at one of my napkin rings:

From Flamingo Scraps: Glimmer Mist
Other: Glossy Accents, Folk Art paint, Staz-On ink, Stampin' Up stamp, unknown twine/ribbon


What a fun project!  Not only did the Glossy Accents work well as an adhesive, but I love the shine that it provides.

Amanda, it's your turn!  I challenge you to make a project using Glossy Accents.  Can't wait to see what you create!

4 comments:

  1. How FUN!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee how you and Trevor made these.... and the acorns look AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So creative and I love that you involved your young son too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh seesh! How am I supposed to come up with something now that you do this?! It's sooooo CLEVER!!! Love it Cindy and I will accept your challenge. Hmmmmm... what to make.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to step up and answer a challenge. Nice job and I love those napkin ring holders. What a fun way to decorate your holiday table.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails