Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Little Details

Back in June, I blogged about the zoo-themed birthday parties Trevor had when he turned five.  Here is the layout from the celebration with his friends at the Oakland Zoo.  I had so much fun putting this together- I love the bright colors of the pictures and wanted the layout to be equally fun and happy to match the spirit of the party. 

From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants patterned paper, Crate Paper patterned paper, Tim Holtz grungeboard, Stickles
Other: Folk Art paint, Paper Pizazz vellum, Queen & Co. brad and button, Marvy circle punch, unknown ribbon

What I like most about this layout are the little details.  With twelve pictures and bright lime/orange papers all demanding the viewers' attention, I needed to keep the embellishments simple, but not so plain they'd be lost.  I started with the grungeboard 5.  I painted it orange, rubbed it with orange Stickles, and then tied on the ribbon.  I used the same Stickles to cover the brad and to fill in the center of the star-shaped button.  I edged the vellum circles in Stickles. 

I love the way the dotted vellum sets off the 5 and the date.  I'd originally used the same dotted vellum for the journaling, but it was hard to read.  I switched to a plain vellum and it looks much better.

Such a fun layout and such great memories from a fantastic day!


2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! I always loveeeeeee all the photos you incorporate on your lo's! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors worked out great without being over powering or lost. As usual, love all the photos you got on there :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails