Friday, September 2, 2011

Glossy Accents Tip

So I had the pleasure of meeting Tim Holtz at one of his workshops back in May. If you have never taken one of his classes - well all I have to say is - WOW! It should be on your bucket list. AWESOME.


I wanted to share with you today a tip that he had for Ranger's "accent" glue lines.
Does your Glossy Accent's Tip look like this?


Are you guilty of trying to unclog the fine tip with a pin or piercing tool? UMM Hand raised - GUILTY!

Well Tim says "If you tap the bottle one time firmly on the table after each use, then gravity forces the glue out of tip and back into the bottle. Your Glossy Accents will NEVER clog again. However, if you pounce twice - then the glue is actually sucked back into the tip and it will clog."

Also do not store your Accent bottles upside down. (I'm guilty) because these glue mediums are designed to be used in large thick quantities, and the glue will dry in the nib.

Hope this tip will ease some of your frustration.

2 comments:

  1. Loving that photo of the two of you...and thanks for the fab tips via Tim!! Need to practice those! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, my bottle doesn't look like that because I never use it! I need a post that tells me all the things I can do with Glossy Accents. I have no clue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails