Friday, September 30, 2011

Mini Album - 4x6 sheet protectors

I love mini albums. I love how you are only limited by your own imagination! I have a lot of people ask me – what type of photos do you put in them, because they are so small? Well, most of my books accommodate wallet sized photos. I usually select the collage printing option at my local photo processing center, and I can usually get 9 wallets on 1 8x10.

One day I was waiting for my photos to process, and I noticed a package of 4x6 plastic photo sleeve refills on sale for $.50 a pack. So I decided to create a mini – embracing the "Simple" design of traditional scrapbook pages but sized at 4x6.


From Flamingo Scraps: Prima, Marion Smith's Vintage Trinkets, all flowers in the book, Holiday Lights Glitter Spray Crystals, Butterfly, Flights of Fancy Paper; Glimmer Mist: Rose Tattered; Tim Holtz: distress inks in Broken China and Walnut
Other: Tim Holtz - Caged bird die cut and Swivle Clasp Charm; Seam binding, Script stamp, White ink.


I used Marion’s Vintage Trinkets with my “HOARDED” last few sheets of Prima’s Flights of Fancy paper for the cover. When I say hoarded – I mean have had for years refusing to use.

For the inside pages I used Prima’s Melody collection with various Prima flowers, stamps and bling. Last week I shared with you how I used the Prima packaging in this book, and I think you will agree, it turned out wonderful when I added photos.

Sorry for the glare on the following photos. I wanted to show how the pages look inside the sleeves.











I think my favorite part of this album is its simplicity. Also - I love how I can take advantage of the page protectors and incorporate larger more dynamic 4x6 photos with the smaller wallets. The paper collection also gives pleanty of journal space.

Thank you for taking the time to visit.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails