Friday, September 23, 2011

Goosebumps


Today I would like to introduce you to a new product from Tsukineko called GooseBumps. It is a clear texture gel medium that acts as a resist while also providing an “orange peel” like texture to the surface of your project.



For my project sample I used it as a resist with a Prima mask to create a great texture on a mini notebook I’m sending to a friend.

I started with a mini Kraft notebook that I got from a $1 bin at a local craft store.



I used Honey Dew Glimmer mist and Peeled paint distress inks to color the background of my album cover.


Once the base coat color has been applied to the entire surface, cover your work surface so that the over spray does not ruin your table top.


I positioned a Prima mask over the notebook cover then sprayed the GooseBumps over the mask making sure I covered the entire notebook. Immediately remove your mask and wash it with warm soapy water to remove the Goosebumps residue.

Allow the Goosebumps to dry (usually 5 – 10 mins on its own), or you can speed up the process with a heat tool.

This is what your project should look like. You can really see the resist on the project, and this would be great left as is. But adding a little more color will really help you see the texture.

I chose a heavy contrasting color – Aged Mahogany distress ink to resurface my notebook cover. I applied the color using an ink applicator tool.


Use a baby wipe to remove the excess color from the top of the Goosebumps.



You can really see the two toned effect now, and the second color enhances the texture of Goosebumps.

From Flamingo Scraps: Various Lace & Trims, Prima: Screen, Flowers; Tattered Angels: Honeydew Glimmer Mist; Ranger: Crackle Accents, Tim Holtz: Distress inks Peeled Paint & Aged Mahogany; Maya Road: Tickets.
Other: Tsukineko Goosebumps



Then I decorated the cover of the book and it is ready to send off to a friend.

I could see me using this product on frames, cards, scrapbook pages, tags, flowers, and so much more. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeee how it turned out and gonna have to check that product out! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun product! As you said, the possibilities are endless. I love your altered notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to try this,love the book!!tfs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails