Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Wallet

I was out blog hopping yesterday and Heidi Swap had the cutest project on her home page.  She made a cute little Father's Day wallet.  I decided that this wallet would be perfect to include in another mini album, in a pocket on a scrapbook page, or as a gift card holder for my husband.

So here is my version:
I wanted mine to have a "grunge & mixed media" tone so I settled on kraft card stock for my base.  I painted some of the panels with red paint and patina Rub & Buff for some. I pulled out distress stains, distress inks, and archival inks and went to town.  For texture & patterns,   I used the "Ultimate Grunge" Stampendous stamp set from Tim Holtz.  The cool thing is you are only limited by your imagination. I decided I needed a little more pop, so I added black magic paint (metallic black) from Folk Art to packing bubble wrap and used that as a stamp. I sprinkled a few tiny quotes and elements as embellishments, and sewed buttons to flaps for a closure.



This view shows the flap opened - I used my Dymo Press Label maker to type this quote "A Dad Puts Pictures Where His Money Used to Be."



On this view you can see how the wallet starts to open  - I used my Pink Paislee Daily Junque stamps that I got from Flamingo to create a small pocket.   The photo is my Daughter, Brittany, in her High School play - The Little Mermaid.



In this view, you can see that I added pictures of my husband with each of our children.  I tried to include memorable pictures from this past year throughout the wallet.



I even included a picture of our dog, Angel who has been in the family for 12 years.   This view is the wallet completely opened.  It is  fun to see the changes in our children in just a few months time.  I placed Tim Holtz Tissue on all of the creases on the inside (make sure you glue under the tissue tape so it stays down), and then stitched over the top of that with my sewing machine.



This is a view of the back of the wallet. 



So how do you make it?
I have a video that explains everything...




Thanks for stopping in today,

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails