Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome Sophia Elizabeth!

Some dear friends of mine from church recently welcomed a new great-granddaughter, Sophia Elizabeth, born Feb. 14!  I was going off to Scrap and Spa, in Union Pier, Michigan, for my annual scrappy weekend and a mini album was the perfect project to take! 

I started with an 8x8 acrylic album I have had so long I don't remember the brand! I chose Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe collection with lots of embellies from Flamingo Scraps and my stash.


I really love working with acrylics though it can be a challenge to work out both sides looking neat!!


This is my finished cover -- I fussy cut the princess, added Prima bling, buttons, and made a charm of their songbird tiles!


I just love the Studio Calico Wood Veneer Potty People on this page -- a Four Generation picture is so special!


I recently found an old manual typewriter at a thrift store -- $5 and a new ribbon and I was in business!
Here I made jewelry hang tags with time, weight, and length on them.
I made plenty of tags of all sizes to tuck behind photo mats and on pages!

The page on the left is Webster's Pages Sunday Picnic with Prima flowers and leaves.  It coordinated beautifully with Emma's Shoppe!

Prima Trinkets by Marion Smith, seambinding, garment pins, pearls, Maya Road Trinket Pins, Crate Paper Bingo Chips, and miscellaneous embellies and trims ornament these pages!

On the back cover, I used a Maya Road stamp.

One of my favorite things about making minis is lavishing ribbon and trims on the binding rings and tucking in charms!

My friends loved this little book and I had such fun making it!!  I got some other projects done while in Michigan -- can't wait to share them with you!  Thanks for Looking!













3 comments:

  1. Great mini album. I love acrylic frames, and this one is so pretty. I bet she did love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun book! I still have never made an acrylic book- I should probably add it to my crafty bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails