Monday, June 18, 2012

Maya Road Laundry Room Banner

I have lived in my house for 12 years, and for 12 years, the state of my laundry room has made me crazy!!  I had shelves built and a sink installed, but never got around to painting it.  And then Pinterest and spray paint empowered me!!!  It still isn't finished, but the washer/dryer area is painted in bright, fun colors.  Which led me to tackle another project that had been waiting -- a little bit of home dec to tie the room together!

As soon as I saw the Maya Road Canvas Laundry Day Set, the Vintage Wooden Spools, and the Sew Cute Chipboard, I knew I wanted to make a banner!


I alternated Laundry Day shapes with Canvas Flag Banner pieces and wooden spools strung on narrow ribbon.  The canvas pieces were attached mini wood clothespins.



I had a ball decorating each canvas shape with wash day words and images.  Stymied as to how to make a laundry basket -- I settled on the birdcage from the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers set -- PERFECT!!!  My most favorite ever Pink Paislee chippie letters and more Maya Road embellies -- Mini Ruler, buttons, Laundry Day Mini Chipboard, and Heart and Hand Chipboard!


I raided my stash for safety pins, charms, and the awesome overall fasteners!  I have had those for years and years, saving them for the perfect project!




My laundry room is now a pleasure to work in -- the valance is a tension rod with Dollar Tree napkins draped on it -- and I am on to the next project!!

Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

  1. Such a neat banner! I love all the little details, especially the clothespins and the spools. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. How fun! It would be a supercute craft for kids too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails