Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mixed Media Layout - Start to Finish

I've been in a bit of a scrappy rut lately and wanted to try some different things to see if I could stimulate a little creativity.   As Pablo Picasso once said "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."

I pulled out some supplies that have just been sitting for a while; such as, some of my Glimmer Mists, Stamps, Stencils,and Goosbumps from Tsukineko. I even reached down deep in the hoard vault and pulled out my Strawberry Kiss - Raspberry Lemonade paper from Prima. I was inspired when I bought them, but haven't used them since. I set out to make a canvas, but decided on a layout instead.

This is my Niece Addie - running towards me during a photoshoot at Easter Time.

From Flamingo Scraps: Prima: Green Lace, Floral Stencil, Valentine Vine, Stamps: Hexagon, Build A Baubble, & Script, Paper: Script, Packageing, Strawberry Kisses - Raspberry Lemondae, Printery - Chipboard (Bird & Bird Cage), Wooden Ticket - Happy, Flowers; Tattered Angeles Glimmer Mist: Jack Frost (blue), Wheat Fields (brown), Perfect Peach, Sweet Clover (green), Cosmos (Pink); Ranger: Distress Stains - Tea Dye, and Walnut Stain. Rock Candy Distress Stickles; Other: Gesso; Tsukineko - Goosebumps; Hymnal Page: Jesus Loves the Little Children, Chipboard Letters Pink, 2012 - Party Confetti, Burlap


I ripped a page from a hymnal to use on the layout and was pleasantly surprised to read "Jesus Loves the Little Children" was the song. Devine intervention? Maybe, but regardless - I feel it was a sign that God was speaking to me.

Here is a closer look at the embellishments:

I have prepared a Step by Step video of the process for making this layout:



Thanks for stopping in today,


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails