Monday, June 25, 2012

Chust for Pretty -- Spring Jubilee Mini Album!!!

I have this long ago memory, I think from a juvenile book set in the Amish Country of Pennsylvania, of the reason hex signs are painted on many Pennsylvania Dutch barns.  Queried about the symbolism of the hex signs -- were they to ward off evil spirits?  did they have religious significance?  were they some kind of special code? -- an Amish farmer replied in his thick German accent -- they are "Chust for Pretty!"  That really had an impact on me -- an object doesn't have to have deep symbolic meaning to justify its creation -- being pretty is enough. 

This is my new mantra for crafting!  I shall no longer put off creating things until I have a reason or someone to give it to.  It makes me happy to craft so, I give myself permission to do it "Chust for Pretty."  And my first project is this Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee mini album.

Pink Paislee was spot on with its collections released at Winter 2012 CHA.  Sugar Chic and Spring Jubilee are easily among my FAVORITE collections ever!!!  Having quenched my desire for Sugar Chic with a little purse mini, I turned my attention to the gorgeous color palette, patterns, and embellishments of Spring Jubilee!  I started with a Maya Road acrylic album --
Front Cover -- Pink Paislee
Spring Jubilee 6x6 Paper Pack & PressOns;
Maya Road Trinket Pins; Prima Flowers;
FabScraps Charms

Page 1 -- Spring Jubilee Chipboard Stickers;
Seam Binding; PressOns;
 Maya Road clear packaging; vintage sheet music
Page 2 -- PressOns; Maya Road Chandelier Beads;
Webster's Pages Perfect Accents bird; Wide Venice Lace
Page 3 -- Sizzix Library Pocket Die; Webster's Netting
Remember the lace dyed with Easter egg dye?  The colors were perfect with Spring Jubilee.

Page 4 -- Webster's Pages Flower; black lace; Prima Trinkets; garment pin
Page 5 -- PressOns; Maya Road Rubons
Page 7 -- Spring Jubilee Shipping Tags; Graphic 45 Brads;
Tim Holtz bird and stickpin; Maya Road Tea Garden Organza Trim in Rose

Page 6 -- Tim Holtz Dressform Die; Maya Road Sew Cute Chipboard spool;
 Christy Tomlinson She Art Tissue; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Life;
Webster's Pages Bird;  jeweler's tag; resin flowers

Page 8 -- Spring Jubilee Chipboard Stickers;
Venice Lace;  FabScraps Charms;  doily
Page 9 -- Shipping Tags; Chipboard Stickers; Tim Holtz bird


Page 10 -- Miscellaneous vellum envelope; note card;
 Prima Dangling Photo Trinkets
Back Cover -- KaiserCraft stamp

Different technique for me on the binder rings.
Made a tube of some stash fabric using Fabri-tac-


Gathered the fabric sleeve over the 2" binder rings.
Binder Rings

Spring Jubilee Mini Album



I hope you will make something this summer Chust for Pretty!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne - this is super fab! I love how you covered the rings too. JUST GORGEOUS. Love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can't wait to see what other things you make chust for pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book Suzanne!!! Love the longer pages as it goes further back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails