Friday, June 29, 2012

Prima - Fairy Belle Canvas

Please meet my beautiful niece, Emily. She is the newest addition to the Gibbs clan, born on June 15. She had her first photoshoot with Aunt Tonya last week, and now to drive everyone crazy with project after project.

I decided to create a canvas to hang in my  living room. There are a lot of mixed media techniques used on this canvas.  I wanted it to feel like a woodsy glen.   I used the Fairy Belle paper from Prima as my accent paper. 


The background has several layers of paint, glimmer mist, texture medium, and crackle medium.  I wanted this canvas to sparkle, but maintain a rustic feel. 



Then a cut out all the flowers from the paper collection to add as a base layer to the canvas. They wrap around the outer edge of the canvas. I added a spray of Prima Lilac Rosebuds (many of which I opened and painted the bulb gold, so that they would favor the magnolias in the paper collection.



 Suzanne shared with me some tiny purple Prima flowers that favor baby's breath. They were so delicate and spindly that I thought they made the perfect filler for the rose spray. Then  I sprinkled a few crystal flower spray around, and dusted the entire thing with golden fairy dust (a.k.a. glimmer mist).

I just love how Ms. Emily looks like she is nestled in a garden with Fairies.

I hope you have enjoyed this project. Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

  1. Tonya!!!! This is soooo beautiful! This sweet baby girl is going to treasure this as a priceless heirloom some day (if she can get it away from Aunt T!!!) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is just beyond gorgeous tonya. wow. it is a treasure and will be so stunning on a wall. girl you are so talented. love this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails