Thursday, November 29, 2012

Playing with Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee

A couple of weeks ago at my mothers house, my oldest son, Morgan decided to lay down beside Catherine on her changing pad ,which was on the floor, and asked me to take a picture.  It was just so cute that I had to grab Brandon and get him in on the act.  I took about 15 shots just hoping that one would turn out, and viola the sweetest picture came out.

I decided to use the picture as a black and white since they were all wearing completely different colors of clothes and I also wanted the picture to work well on my layout of muted colors.


I played around a bit with my Gelatos and Crackle Distress paint from Ranger and look at the wonderful results I got.  I used to it to color my Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee.  Below is a tutorial for how I distress colored my frame corners like the one pictured below.


Distressing Artisan Elements
                     gelatos in your choice of color
                     distress crackle paint from Ranger

2) Paint your surface with crackle paint - let air dry, if you use a heating tool it will not crackle as much and make your paint bubble.  I used tattered rose as my color.

3) Cover the surface after the paint has dried with your choice of gelato colors, 2 to 3 is good.  Rub the pigments into your surface, trying to enhance the cracks giving it an aged look.  I used guava and metallic melon.


4) Play with the colors and the amount of pigment you apply until you achieve your desired look.

If you want to purchase the Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee or any of the other wonderful items on my page head on over to Flamingo Scraps - see below for list of supplies, and now open, a NEW store Flamingo Scraps.com

Products used
Paper - Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic
Paper - Teressa Collins - Vintage finds
Paper - Websters pages - Life's Portrait
Pink Paislee - Artisan collection - circles
Flowers and bling - Prima
Paint and Adhesive - Ranger
Large metal Bling - Teressa Collins - Blingage
Alpha Stickers
Chipboard

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

5 comments:

  1. Erin what a sweet layout and I love the technique of coloring the resin pieces with gelatos. Great post today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!! I love the softness to everything from the shapes to the colors to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Erin!! I love the use of the gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Erin!! LOVING your techniques for the Artisan collection!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout and I love the gelato's use on this. Something I have not got into yet...but I see it in my future!!!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails