Today, I have a new sketch to share with you, designed by yours truly.
I had tons of fun putting this one together, leaving you room to do whatever you’d like with the bits and splatters. Get out some paint and give your page some splatters, or try better yet, try some of the great Glimmer Mists you can find at Flamingo Scraps !. You can die cut, washi tape, and technique this one until you’ve had your fill, that’s for sure! Or, skip that altogether and play with the bare bones and no techniques. It’s all up to you.
Take a look at what I came up with!
From Flamingo Scraps: Pink Paislee: Declaration papers, alphabet stickers, Element Stickers: Cosmo Cricket: Tiny Type. Ranger: Stickles. Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist. Making Memories: paint. Other: staples.
What can I say? This sketch really brought out the patriot in me. I started each lay out I've done of our local fireworks with a line from the Star Spangled Banner. Eventually,my family will be able to piece it together and have the entire song in fireworks photos. Here’s a closer look at the title work and some of the details with it:
I hand drew the star in the background, but you can use any die cut shape to create this page. To draw it, I traced a circle on the background and then measured out five points on the circle and connected those points via lines and then cut the drawn star out of the paper.
If you’re overwhelmed by the thought of using a sketch, remember , this is just a jump-off point for inspiration. I intended the sketch to use two 4x6 photos; one landscape, and one portrait. Here are a few variations you can use :
- Print out smaller photos, or use two different sized photos.
- Instead of a star in the background, use a scalloped circle or any other die cut paper shapes that you have at your disposal.
- Instead of the star embellishments, like are in the sketch, you could use flowers, buttons, brads, or any other embellishment! In fact, I substituted the stars for portions of the Pink Paislee Declaration Element Stickers.
- Use a border punch on the paper strips to give it another variation.
- Swap the journaling and title positions, or omit either one or both!
It’s important to remember that the sketch is there to inspire you,and that there are no rules to where your inspiration can take you! Use all or parts of it -- that is all up to you!
Have fun with this, and be sure to share what you’ve created when you’re finished! You can leave a link, here, in the comments, or you can post it directly to the Flamingo Scraps Facebook page! Also, don't forget to visit the Flamingo Scraps store at http://stores.ebay.com/Flamingo-Scraps and coming soon, a NEW store Flamingo Scraps. com.
Until next time! Keep scrappin’!