Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A New Journey, Two Page LO, With Nirvana


When I pre-ordered  the new Marion Smith line - Nirvana,  I knew it was going to be good, but I was wrong. It was AWESOME!! I started in one direction with this wonderful paper, but the ideas were swirling around in my little brain like a tornado. I had planned on making a LO for my new grandson, Ethan, and his Baptism. I couldn't get the "Journey" concept going, then thought, I'll do a LO with the journey leading to his birth. BINGO!!! What better way to start the tale than the proverbial boy meets girl scenario? My son met his future bride, Julie, at the YMCA pool. He had gone there to meet up with some friends and chat about training for an upcoming triathlon. Julie was there, looking like a drowned rat, just out of the pool. She was a friend of the friends. Personally, I think it was a set up, and a great one at that. The rest is history.


I love making two page LOs. I am a chatty person, I have a lot to say, and so do my projects. I did very little journaling on this. I will leave that to Julie, so she can put her own personal touches on this. Ethan will have journaling by Mommy and Gammy in his scrapbooks and I think that's a wonderful way for him to remember me.


I loved using the Fancy Pants Cork Heart and Arrow Shapes on the tags. You can also get cork stars. The tags from this collection are super, and it was hard to decide which one to use first. I put the baby shower photo on the perfectly matched frame, which is probably a journal tag, and inserted a journal tag behind that. Julie was so tiny at seven months, that I used a cork arrow to point to her tummy. The lace around the wedding photo is trim I got in the FlamingoScraps Warehouse Grab Box - Embellies, and I soaked it in coffee to get the color. The metal tags, and the tulle they are are on, are also from the grab box. If you haven't gotten yours, you've got to get it! They rock! You can choose from the box of papers, embellies or a mix of both. It's a great deal; you can't go wrong.



I had cut the circle on the wrong section of the paper, but, not to fear! A mixture of different rub ons from my stash soon took care of that problem. I "scored " the brown paper in the circle with a gray chalk pen, after I had inked it, to make it match the balloon on the first page. Once again, I used a cork heart, topped with an "E" and tied on with a tulle bow. Prima Bling SIIC and SIIP, wooden clocks, and mini roses helps to complete the "frame" around the photo. I used the balloon to help tie the two pages together, like I did with the scored paper.


I happened to have a sheet of sticky back cork in my stash, and used it here as a frame to represent a cork board that you put photos and memos on. I used Maya Road Trinket Pins - Yellow and Turquoise Stars  to pin the word "FAMILY" on, and star pins on the top for decoration.I also used the Maya Road Trinket Pinks Hearts and Pearls. Also available are the AWESOME  Nirvana Typography Stamp Sets by Marion Smith as well as the Nirvana Flying High Stamps also by our talented friend Marion Smith !



Well I hope you enjoyed my little Journey with Nirvana . If you are an 80's music fan, I bet you thought this was a concert LO, didn't you ? *wink*  *wink*! Be sure to check out the new lines  from FlamingoScraps.com .  You can applaud me afterwards. I'm going to scrap !!

 Until next time, stay happy, and be scrappy !!

Kathleen




1 comment:

  1. This is just GORGEOUS Kathleen!!! Amazing use of Nirvana -- esp love the Boy meets Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails