Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bringing October in with some Basic Grey fun!

Happy Tuesday and 1st of October! Melissa, here, with your first post of the month to share some Basic Grey Persimmon deliciousness! I saw this collection, and I just fell in love with it. But, I didn't want to ONLY stick to scrapping fall stuff, because it is really a great set of papers that you can use for other seasons, too! 

Take, for instance, a trip to the zoo in April! Anytime I see this picture of my kids at the zoo from spring 2012, I can't help but think of the GEICO commercial with the camel, and the 6x6 Persimmon pad contains all those rustic colors you would associate with nature and the zoo, so that's what I used! 

Title reads: "Guess what day it is? Binder Park Zoo Day! Yeah!"

Here's a detail shot of all of the title work. I threw in some Jillibean alphabets from my stash, but everything else you can find in the store! First, there's the Maya Road Burlap Rose in Lemon that almost perfectly matches the camel in my picture. Then, there's the Prima Wood Icons Sampler that gave me all sorts of goodies to work with. I inked them up with some Prima Chalk Ink and used some bits of Prima Say It In Studs from the Warehouse Box, along with some Heidi Swapp Epoxy Stickers, also from the box. 


You can see, above, the cluster with a combination of the wood icons from Prima and some more Persimmon with the Mixed Brads and the Die Cuts and Transparencies pack, along with a Persimmon border sticker, too. 


I really had fun inking up all of the wood and other pieces to bring more color to the page. It leans toward more autumn colors, for a spring page, but it uses a lot of earth tones, which is what I really wanted to bring out in this photo! 


So, there you have my page as a whole! I hope you enjoyed looking at this as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Until next time,
Keep scrappin'!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Love the wood and burlap accents Melissa! 8 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all of your blues and browns. A very nice page my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails