Friday, October 11, 2013

No Scary Treats Here.....

Hi guys. This is Cheryl. I am totally loving this time of year with the leaves falling, homemade soups, and cooler temperatures. My plants and flowers act like they are on steroids and are growing like crazy. Typically we have just as many Fall, pumpkin, and Halloween decorations out at our house as we do for Christmas in December. It doesn't hurt that orange is my favorite color. My daughter's neighborhood has a yearly Halloween Trick or Treat party and cook out. The kids stay within the block safely together. Last year I had just moved here the end of September and with tons of unpacking to do, I didn't have a lot of time to make decorations or treats for the neighborhood kids.. But this year I have plenty of time and with help from my two Grands, we have already started making them. As I was doing a few I got thinking that these treat holders would be a great idea for any time during the year and a cute project for my scrapping buddies.

To get started I cut four 3.50" x 10" pieces of my Echo Park Beautiful Life paper collection. Folded the strips in half and run them through my Big Shot using a tag die from my stash. These were all scored 1" from the flat ends.


I then added a strong adhesive on the inside of the 1" scored area to one of the two coordinating pieces and adhered them together.


To decorate the front, I inked several stickers using my favorite Prima Dark Rust chalk ink from the coordinating sticker sheet of the Wonderful Life collection,


a few of the ribbons from Webster's Pages Color Sunday Picnic collection, a banner from Heidi Swapp, and a couple 5" ribbons from my stash as a closure for the treat holders.



Prior to threading the ribbons through the top, I also applied a strip of adhesive to the top layer of the two attached pieces and adhered candy to this strip.
 

 
And that is it! I thought these would be perfect for some of my scrappin' friends as a nice change from receiving so many Halloween-themed gifts.


I hope you have enjoyed my project for today. These were fun and quick to make. Now I have to get rid of these quick! It is dangerous for me to keep chocolate in my house! lol

As always thank you for visiting the Flamingo Scraps Blog. If you would like to buy any of the papers, inks, banners, or ribbons used, please visit the Flamingo Scraps online store here, and to like their Facebook page please click here.

Happy Scrappin......Cheryl




4 comments:

  1. Just ADORABLE Cheryl!!! I know the trick or treaters love coming to your house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne. Yes, we have always loved Halloween and had a good time!

      Delete
  2. Cheryl....these are so cute and I love the paper!!! You know I love the colors....you did a great job as usual!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails