Monday, October 21, 2013

Gift Card Holders With Basic Grey 25th & Pine, and Persimmon

In this day and age, everyone is always on the go and time is more of a luxury than a given. Gift cards are on the rise as the "go to" choice of gifts. I LOVE gift cards, especially if it's a Flamingo Scraps card! My only problem with them is that I don't like the dull card holders I see in the stores, not to mention the cost! I'd rather give more money on the gift card than pay $4.00 for the holder. My solution? Make my own, and the new lines from Basic Grey, 24th & Pine a Christmas line, and  Persimmon, which can be used on anything. Be sure that you check out the entire line, which includes transparency shapes, chipboard letters and numbers,  wood veneers, and much more.

 Shown from the top : Gift card holder for the guys in your life, Christmas gift card holders,the second, third,and last. Middle card on the bottom is a house warming gift card holder. The burlap trim, ruffled fabric trim, and flower on this card are from the Maya Road Trims collection , the burlap trim and flower are in the shade of sunset and the scalloped trim was misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Georgia Peach. Wood veneer leaves are from the Prima Wood Icons, leaves in a box

.

Here I used Basic Grey 25th and Pine for the Christmas gift cards. I cut my paper to measure 6 x 12, folded it in half to 6 x 6, then cut it again, to make two 3 x 6 card holders. This is a great size and it conserves paper as well. You can make any size, but this is what worked for me. The papers in the link are 6 x 6, and that's even better if you make this size because it's one fold and no cutting. I love the little brown paper bag on the left one ! All the tags inside are adhered in a manner that allows you to insert the gift card under any of them.


Sometimes guys can be all whiny about getting cards that are mushy or look girly, so the Persimmon worked for both genders here. I made the cards a bit bigger since they will be used for Birthdays, something I consider a bit more personal than Christmas since it IS for the recipient's special day.The bottom photo is the inside of the house warming card. Follow the links for more goodies from this line, in the way of, transparenciesmixed brads and tags, and my fave, the wood veneer tags.


I hope that you were inspired by this quick and easy gift giving solution. Don't forget to make your cards even more special by making personalized envelopes using the WRMK Envelope Punch Board available at Flamingo Scraps.


Don't forget to check out the Flamingo 4 post this Friday where four of our designers create a unique project using the same four materials. It's amazing how different every one's take is.

My next project will be an an awesome cute holiday fish tank (I hope the fish feels that way !) so be sure to stay tuned !!!

Until next time,

Kathleen

Be Happy & Stay Scrappy !!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love!!!! Such a special way of making a gift card more than a gift -- it is an event!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails