Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Hometown Favorites

My husband and I live far enough away from our families that we have visitors several times a year.  We are forever telling our family and friends about the various things that they can see and do here in Monterey County where we live.  So I decided to start an album that has nothing but our favorite local places to go, things to see and restaurants to eat at!   I had seen an album like this somewhere in a magazine... many moons ago... it's been stuck in my head ever since. :)



For the album cover, I dug through my stash of alphabet letters, grabbed a foam glitter heart and made my own little house embellie using the fabulous new Maya Road Our Town Singleton Stamps and some Ranger Glossy Accents from the store:



I stamped the image on some cardstock, colored with pencils, added a little stickles to the windows and cut it out before adding my glossy accents.

For my title page, I used some Lily Bee Audrey patterned paper, some of the fabulous new Prima Love Story in Kissing Red and a Maya Road chipboard butterfly.



I covered the butterfly with Turquoise Metallic Maya Mist and embossed it using the technique I wrote about previously.

Now that I have the album and cover page ready, it's time for me to get back in my scraproom and get to scrapping....

The picture is a little blurry, but here's one of our favorites, RG Burgers in Carmel and Monterey.  I used some of the fabulous new Pink Paislee 365 Degrees collection and another one of the Prima Love Story in Kissing Red. 

Do you have an album of favorite places you love where you live?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails