Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DELIGHTFUL DETAILS!!

I have a fabulous Secret Pal, who sent me the most gorgeous and inspiring new book -- Lisa Pace's Delight in the Details.  Not only is it full of wonderful ideas and techniques, it makes a really important point about artistic scrapbooking!  The difference between a good and a great layout or project lies largely in the attention to detail -- or in my case the difference between an average layout and a slightly above average layout or project!!!!

And it just so happens that many of the items Lisa uses to create these wonderful details are in stock at Flamingo Scraps or on order (or in my stash!).  Among these fab products are stickles, Primas, Maya Mists, ribbons and trims, paper lines that are on their way, and the Ranger products we have on order (that is another story!)

My first project inspired by Lisa's work was this fun Maya Road Mega Bottle Cap --

These bottle caps are three inches in diameter and can be used for page embellishments as well as decorative projects.  For this one I used a crepe paper rosette from Delight in the Details, edged it with silver stickles and adhered it to the back of the cap.  Then I used vintage sheet music for the center and butterfly, covered both with crackle glossy accents medium and added a Prima lavender wreath and a miscellaneous chipboard letter with bling.  The finishing touch was one of Maya Roads new Dangling Chandelier Beads -- a snap to attach with a cropadile and jump ring.

I had so much fun with this one -- I had to do another and chose an Easter theme.

For this cap -- perfect for that special Easter basket or and Easter tree -- I printed a vintage Easter image on laser jet canvas, attached it with zip dry (my new fave adhesive!) and coated it with a thin layer of crackle glossy accents.  I ran a line of Strawberry Ice stickles around the perimeter and attached the cap to a scalloped circle cut from an old book page.  The paper scallop is distressed with milled lavender Tim Holtz ink and the edges are tipped with old rose ink.  I topped it off with a tiny bouquet of  Prima mini roses and threaded some Prima lace from which to hang the cap.

Y'all have got to try these versatile Mega Bottle Caps -- my next one is going to be a Christmas ornament!!!  More inspiration from Delight in the Details coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying my book and found inspiration. Your Mega Bottle Cap ornaments are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! Can't wait to see a Christmas one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would make AMAZING Christmas ornaments! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails