Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tutorial: Maya Resist on Chipboard


One of the first things I wanted to do with my Maya Resist was use it to alter chipboard.  Of course, I am excited to start scrapping my Disney pictures and the first thing I thought of was making minnie mouse patterned chipboard letters. 
First, figure out your layout title and how you want to color them.  I'm making my layout titled "Meeting Minnie Mouse".  The words "Minnie Mouse" were cut out using my Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge, but the new Maya Road Deborah chipboard alphabet worked perfectly for "meeting."  When you use the bottle of Maya Resist, you barely have to squeeze the bottle.... Perfect little drops of resist!


Now step away and let it dry.  You will probably hear me say that a lot but you need to let the stuff dry completely in order to have it work!
 
Now come back and spray with your mist getting a complete layer of coverage. 
 


I let it dry and then peeled off the resist.  Go carefully and gently peeling it off the chipboard, as it may want to pull up the top layer of chipboard if you do it too quickly.
 


So now that it was misted and polka dotted, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to really make the letters stand out on my layout:

When using Glossy Accents, it starts out cloudy, but dries completely clear.  Can you see on the left that the letter "m" is already starting to look shiny but the "g" I did last is still blue-ish and not opaque? 

Keep an eye out because soon Flamingo Scraps will be carrying Ranger Glossy Accents!!

Once everything has dried you have some pretty cool Minnie Mouse style polka dot letters. 


Products from Flamingo Scraps: Maya Resist, Maya Road Deborah chipboard alphabet, Ranger Glossy Accents (coming soon!)
Other supplies: peppermint stick glimmer mist.  You could use Cherry Metallic Maya Mist, which I would have preferred for better coverage of the chipboard, but do not own yet!

Of course, I couldn't just use the mist on the chipboard letters, I had to spray some of my new white e-line flowers too.....


Prima E-Line flowers (Beautiful, Cuties and Delightful) from Flamingo Scraps.


I had to use stardust stickles after seeing Nancy's cute flowers last week!

Now I just need my pictures from the rest of the family in order to finish this page up!
 


The possibilities are endless for using the Maya Resist on chipboard.  I hope you have fun playing!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails