Monday, September 30, 2013

Trick or Treat!

Hi, Flock, Genie here, and I'm so excited!!  It's fall again!  Cooler temperatures, bonfires, pumpkin patches, cider, hot cocoa, colorful leaves, and, best of all...it's almost Halloween!

Flamingo Scraps is carrying the new Basic Grey Persimmon collection, and the fun fall colors and Halloween embellishments inspired me to finally scrap my girls' Trick or Treat photos from two years ago.  I went for a simple layout with a fun banner and a cluster based on a journal spot. 


The banner was made from 1/2" strips cut from several different Persimmon patterned papers, from the 6x6 Paper Pad, which I cut into triangles.  I played with a few different layouts before I decided on the triple-tier banner.  I doodled around the edges of each triangle, added a doodled line, and then a few Prima Wood Icons.



Finally, I put a journal spot down from the Basic Grey Persimmon Die Cuts and Transparencies pack and added a banner from the same package and a couple of Basic Grey Persimmon Mixed Brads.


Thanks for looking, and I can't wait to see your fall and Halloween themed projects!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this Genie -- esp the banner, great doodling, I thought it was stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genie...this is really cute! Love the color of the background paper. My kind of color! Love your handwriting too. The perfect touch to a really adorable page! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome as always. You always rock it girl#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome as always. You always rock it girl#

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails