Friday, December 10, 2010

Altering Lace and Trims With Mists!

Many of us already regularly use mists like Glimmer Mist or Maya Mist to alter the color of lace and trims.  If you haven't tried it before or if you would like a less messy and more efficient method of altering, then this post is for you!  This fabulous tip comes via the Live With Prima girls Sharon and Cari and, I believe, Tattered Angels.  At any rate, it saves on mist, covers beautifully, and is less messy than simply spraying your trims!


You will need a ziploc sandwich bag, your favorite mist and trim.

This method works equally well with Glimmer Mist and Maya Mist and on cotton and poly trims and lace.  I used various trims and laces from Flamingo Scraps Cheep Trims collection!  And by the way, that is CHEEP, not cheap!  These are clothing quality laces and trims at fabulous prices!

Place your length of trim in the plastic bag, spritz your mist directly into the bag
 and zip it up.  Mush the mist into the trim.

When full coverage is achieved, remove your trim and let it air dry,
use a heat tool, or toss it into the dryer for a few minutes

I labeled each of my bags with the color of the mist
I used so that they can be used again!

Voila!!!  evenly colored lace and trim with less mess (no overspray), and
using less of your precious mists as it is all trapped in the bag!

Flamingo Scraps has everything you need to alter trims and laces -- Cheep Trims and Prima trims, Maya Mist and Glimmer Mist, and we even package your trims in a plastic bag!  Now you can't beat that!

6 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo cool!! LOVING this idea! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Great idea to label and save the bag too! Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing this. Thanks for the tutorial. I however never saved the bags. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome tip!! I'll have to try it with my new Maya mist that I bought from the store! My package came today. You girls do such an amazing job with the packing and the card was too cute! =0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails