Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flamingo Five: Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co.

Welcome to our this month's Flamingo Five! Five items... lots of creative points of view!! Miss our other installments? Check them out here. Shall we get started with our festive Christmas edition?!

December's Flamingo Five items are:
1 and 2.  Two sheets pf Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co. patterned paper
3. Garnet elines
4. Gunmetal stickles
5. Grab bag with blue primas, red primas, blue lace and a Maya Road Star stickpin

All items available at Flamingo Scraps (limited quantities on hand!). We all started with these supplies and the instructions to make something using all five items. Any other items could be added to complete the project.



Are you ready to see what we made?!

Janet's take:
From Flamingo Scraps: Flamingo Five items
Other Supplies: Making Memories Vintage findings; Teresa Collins Blingage; Ribbon from Savvy n Sassy; Prima Pebbles

I LOVE Pink Paislee paper and I thought I would like to use it some other way than just a layout. So why not a pretty holiday decor item?  I had this 7 Gypsies Printer Tray that I thought would do just the trick. I got busy and cut up the paper and journal cards and even the beautiful lace and decorated the tray and I think it will be a wonderful addition to my Christmas decorations this year!



By using the Stickles, a piece of transparency and a Bazzill template I was able to create my own flourishes too. Just let the stickles dry and cut it out.


Tiffany's take:
From Flamingo Scraps: Flamingo Five items

And here are some close ups!





Amanda's take:
From Flamingo Scraps: Flamingo Five items

I made this tag to put in my December Daily album.  My niece Abigail, unlike her brother, is hanging out until her due date next week... so I definitely expect her to be my favorite "Christmas gift" this year! :)  The flower looks really black in the picture but it's really a deep red color in person!  You can see a little better in this photo:


I can't wait to add it to my December Daily album next week!

Suzanne's take:
From Flamingo Scraps: Flamingo Five items
Other supplies: Spellbinders die; Tim Holtz rosette die; Sizzix dove die; tassle

It is amazing what you can do with just two pieces of paper and a few fabulous embellishments!  This banner was made with a Maya Road Frayed Canvas Banner Album as the base, the paper from Flamingo Five was trimmed into six triangles and adhered to the canvas, left over paper was cut with Spellbinders scalloped circle dies, a dove sizzix die and Tim Holtz rosette sizzix die.  The letters are Tim Holtz Grunge Alphas sprayed with regular black spray paint.  Gunmetal stickles, Garnet E-line bling, Prima Flowers, Fancy Pants lace and Maya Road Star stickpin from Flamingo Five grab bag and a miscellaneous tassle complete the banner which is strung on grosgrain ribbon.  It is now hanging on my mantle!!!!

So here we are at the end of our fourth Flamingo Five and we hope you enjoyed it! Please come back and join us on the 15th of next month to see what we made with a new batch of five goodies from Flamingo Scraps! We hope that we have inspired you and we'd love to see what you make if you do, so please stop by and share it with us!

9 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! I loveeeeeeeee that everyone worked with the same things...and look at all the diversity in what they created!!! GORGEOUS creations! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the Flamingo 5 -- so great to see the different projects that come out of the same 5 items -- can't wait til next month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun doing this and it's so great to see how everyone else was inspired by the 5 items!!!
    Awesome projects ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Flamingo 5 - my favorite post each month. It's so fun to see what different artists make out of the same materials. I always try to imagine what I'd do before scrolling down to see what was actually made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects from everyone.Love Love Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the projects this month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the projects!!! Janet you have inspired me to get a tray!! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome work everyone, I seriously can't pick a fave they are all great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job everyone all awesome projects!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails