Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Displaying Holiday Cards

Every year, I put all the cards we get up on the fridge -- not just the Christmas cards but also all the birth announcements from throughout the year. Mostly because I put them up when they arrive in the mail and forget to take them down!! ;)

This year, I wanted some magnets to hold them up.   So I grabbed some clothespins, some scraps of patterned paper, a roll of magnetic tape, some ribbon and a few other items....


First, I cut some pieces of magnet of the roll - about one inch long strips - and I used hot glue to affix the magnet to the clothespins:


I cut my paper down to fit on the front side... but the clothespins looked a little too plain still.  Hmmmm.... what to do....

Mist it of course! ;)

I used my Licorice Metallic Maya Mist.  The mist soaked into the wood well - it will never soak into the metal or magnet though!  So I wiped it off with a paper towel.  Worked like a charm!  Added my patterned paper....

From Flamingo Scraps: Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage patterned papers; Licorice Metallic Maya Mist
Other Supplies: Clothespins, Magnets, Ribbon (Michael's)

Added a little ribbon and they were ready for the fridge!


All that was missing was a few cards and it is ready for the holiday season!!


How do you display your holiday cards?!

5 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!! Love that you used the MM on wood -- toooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I use mini clothespins to hang my cards on a piece of gold cord that spans the length of the living room. I considered decorating them with pp, but decided they were so small and there are so many of them that it would take forever. I never thought about using mist to color them. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooooooooooooooooo fun!! LOVE IT!! I am going to try this!! Our front door is metal...so this is perfect! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails