Monday, December 6, 2010

Glittery Christmas Ornaments!!

OK, I admit it, I am a Dollar Tree Addict!!!!  Dollar Stores are just treasure troves for paper crafters, especially around any holiday!  I got these gorgeous glittery ornaments and, inspired by Facebook friend, Pam Kellogg, (who does the most beautiful work!),  altered them with vintage images and some supplies from Flamingo Scraps!

Altered Christmas Tree Ornaments -- dollar store ornaments,
vintage images cut with spellbinders, inked with Tim Holtz distress
inks, coated with Tim Holtz distress stickles, and embellished with Maya
Road Hanging Chandelier beads

I happened to have a program with fabulous vintage Christmas images, but these are available many places online.  I printed them out on textured cardstock and cut them out with a Spellbinders scalloped die.  I then inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, coated them with Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Rock Candy and Bundled Sage, and embellished some of them with Maya Road Chandelier Beads.  Using hot glue, I attached them to the ornaments and they are ready to add sparkle to a Christmas tree or as a package topper!

So easy and so much fun!!!  Happy Holidays!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are JUST GORGEOUS!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeee the vintage images! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love that vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, these are gorgeous! I inspired you? Wow! Thank you. Yes, I adore Dollar stores. Esp. the Dollar Tree. I find all sorts of neat little craftable items there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails