Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Altered Crate for your Desk -- Christmas in July!

Most all of us Prima lovers have at least one of these crates from the days of glass milk bottles of flowers in crates.  If not, Flamingo Scraps has a couple for sale!

This little project makes a great Christmas present or storage for your own desk or scrap space.  The rugged wood crate is also easily adapted for a man's desk or workspace!

Did you know that Maya Mists and Distress Inks can be used on bare wood?  It is a fun and fabulous technique.  For this crate, I layered shades of pink Maya Mist and rubbed them into the wood with a cloth.  Then I layered Distress Inks until I got the shade and sheen I wanted.  Any combination of mists and inks would do, just be sure they penetrate the wood and wipe off any excess.

I found these flirty, bendable, glittery, flowers at my local drugstore -- they started out as magnets -- and attached them with Fabri-Tac.  Just for kicks, I attached large pink and green jewels to the bottom as little "feet."

Voila!  The perfect storage container for your most frequently used tools -- here with adhesives and a Tim Holtz inking tool!

Do you like the altered storage crate?  If so, it could be yours!  Enter a random drawing to win the Crate simply by commenting on this post on our blog or facebook page, getting a friend(s) to join Flamingo Scraps' blog, and having them post on the blog that you sent them and they are NEW followers! A winner will be drawn August 2. But WAIT!! There's more! Check our blog regularly for similar drawings for presents for YOU during Christmas in July at Flamingo Scraps!

10 comments:

  1. Read this blog post for an opportunity to win this Altered Crate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!!! Sooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged about this! YAY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm a follower now...and Julie TW send me here!!!
    Love these!Those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JULIE sent me! 'cuz she's the bee's knees, ya know. :)
    so i'm here, and that crate is awesome! i love love LOVE the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower. Julie Tucker Woleck sent me! Thanks for a chance at the giveaway!
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-and-cricut-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute idea! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly Massman sent me. Love the sweet crate! Love Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly Massman sent me. Love love love the crate! Christmas in July is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was the winner of this gorgeous little crate, and the photo just does not do it justice! This gorgeous little gifty is showcased front and center in my scrappy room, holding memorabilia that I want to include into a scrap album. Thank you so much Flamingo Scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails