Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scraptathlon Week # 9

Week # 9 at Scraptathlon - just one more week to go and guess what?  Amanda is tied for third place!  Way to go A!!!

Here were our instructions from our hostess Kia:
It's use your STASH week here at Scraptathlon. Our victim this time around is BUTTONS! I have drawers full of buttons, I don't know why, but, I need to get past using one or two in a LO and USE some of the zillions that I have. So, for this week, your challenge is to use heaps of bountiful, bodacious, beee-yoo-ti-ful buttons as possible on your LO.

Here is Susan's take on the challenge:
This was a fun week on Scraptathlon!  And boy did we need it after Kia's Crazy Eights challenge last week!  I love buttons and I used a mixture of old and new on my layout.  I found some old photos of my kids on Cinderella's Carousel at Walt Disney World.  I fussy cut the banner to go across the top of the layout from Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking collection papers.  A little Glimmer Mist behind the photos and I even found a Carousel charm to use.  I used some Prima Pearls and Prima's Donna Downey Canvas Buttons.  The Webster's Bloomers even got some buttons glued in the middle!  Sorry for the poor photo - my scanner is on the fritz!
From Flamingo Scraps:  Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking patterned papers; Prima say it in pearls bling swirl, flowers and Donna Downey canvas buttons; Websters bloomers in Aqua and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Other Supplies:  Carosel charm, Martha Stewart loopy punch, buttons from the stash, cardstock

And here's what Amanda did for the Buttons challenge:
I waited until the last day... I was totally lost in search of inspiration!  And then I remembered the topic challenge from the These are a Few of my Favorite Things blog right now... favorite stores!!  (If you haven't seen this topic challenge blog, check it out -- I'm always inspired!! Hi Julie!!)  Of course, I'm on the Target bandwagon.  I created a few quick Target logo masks using an ad we got in the mail, a heart mask I cut freehand, taped them down with temporary adhesive and misted the background.  I then removed my masks and filled my masked heart with some cut outs from the same Target ad.  I added a title, some glittery foam hearts and BUTTONS!!!   Whole layout came together in 30 minutes. 

From Flamingo Scraps: Cherry Metallic Maya Road Mist, Pink Paislee Artisan Alpha
Other supplies: darice foam hearts, black sharpie pen, miscellaneous red buttons, and a Target ad

Only one week left of our challenge!!  We hope you enjoy your weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the idea of using BUTTONS!! I love love love love both of these!!! And Amanda....WAVING back HI!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing with FAVE THINGS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! The target masks ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Target - and I love the way you <3 the buttons. thanks so much for sharing with us at TAAFOMFT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does half our team. Your layout is fabulous. Love the buttons and misting. Thank you for playing with us. Hugs,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE this, all the masking is awesome and i love your heart with all the buttons!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally cool... love this... the splatter painting and masking is fab!!! love it!thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Target too! The misting on this is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails