Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Christmas in July: 6x6 Recipe Books

Everyone has their favorite recipes!  Whether it be those you discovered on your own or those tried and true recipes from your Mother or Grandmother, a recipe book makes a great Christmas gift!  Maybe you know someone who is just setting up housekeeping?  Wouldn't a handmade recipe book be a thoughtful gift for that person?

One of the gifts I'll be making for my sisters this year for Christmas (shhh!  Don't tell them!) will be handcrafted recipe books.  I participated in a swap a few years ago and never did anything with the recipe cards!  Here are some photos of the recipe cards I did for the swap......




Chart House Mud Pie
















Olive Garden's Pasta e Fagioli














Pine Bark














Seafood & Cheese Brunch Bake









Don't be afraid to use the reverse side of the card to finish up the recipe if necessary.  Just use your creativity and make some lovely little cards using those favorite recipes!  Altering a purchased 6x6 album would make this gift all the more special.  I hope I have inspired you with this project - be sure to show us what you make!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails